J.A. Redmerski’s debut novel, THE MAYFAIR MOON, is a YA Paranormal Romance that has been praised many times over as being a great adult crossover tale. Today, she talks about what compelled her to write a YA novel like this one and how it is so different from other werewolf novels on the market today.
After a nightmarish encounter with a werewolf, seventeen-year-old Adria Dawson loses her sister, but gains the love of a mysterious young man and his legendary family.
Strange and tragic things begin to happen in the small town of Hallowell, Maine: residents come down with an unexplainable ‘illness’ and some disappear. In the midst of everything, Isaac Mayfair is adamant about keeping Adria safe, even from her sister whom he has warned her to stay away from.
As unspeakable secrets unfold all around Adria, impossible choices become hers to bear. Ultimately, no matter what path she takes, her life and the lives of those she loves will be in peril. As she learns about the werewolf world she also learns why her place in it will change the destinies of many.
IN JESSICA’S WORDS –
Thanks for having me as a guest on your blog – I’m excited to be here! I’ve always been a huge ‘traditional’ werewolf fan (The Howling, Ginger Snaps, Dog Soldiers, Underworld) for as long as I can remember. When I started getting into reading YA novels, I quickly realized that there were a ton of ‘werewolf’ novels on the market, so I thought it shouldn’t be difficult to find one about traditional werewolves. I was wrong. I searched for about a year while still working on my adult novel, DIRTY EDEN, but my search came up empty. All of the YA werewolf novels that I found were about shape-shifters, people who turned into actual wolves on four legs. Now don’t get the wrong idea – I find absolutely nothing wrong with ‘werewolves’ like that, but I longed for a story about the beastly, monstrous kind because to me, they are the epitome of dangerous and powerful. Mix danger and power with struggle and love into a YA crossover novel and you get…OK, truthfully the market has no shortage of novels like that, but now we can finally add beastly werewolves among them, too!
THE MAYFAIR MOON is the first in a trilogy and Book Two, KINDRED is currently in the works.
Thanks again for having me, Apryl, and I hope you and your readers will enjoy THE MAYFAIR MOON.
You can find Jessica here:
Website - http://jessicaredmerski.com/
Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/jredmersk
Twitter - https://twitter.com/JRedmerski
Order Apryl Baker Merchandise
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Meinke, or some of you may know me as knightsrachel from my life over on Wattpad. It’s such an honor to b...
Hi, my name is Thelma and I will be your host. We have an exciting show for you all today with lots of wonderful character interviews from...
THE GHOST FILES SERIES SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!! The Ghost Files Volume 3 By Apryl Baker Summary from Goodreads: One,...
- ► 2016 (69)
- ► 2015 (269)
- ► 2014 (165)
- ► 2013 (67)
- Introducing YA Author Courtney Vail
- Introducing Author Yasir Hayat
- Introducing Author Natasha Duncan-Drake
- Introducing Author Diana Murdock
- Introducing Author Audra Middleton
- Introducing Author Miranda Lynn
- Introducing Author Peggy Randall-Martin
- Introducing Author L. Anne Beard
- Introducing Author Linda Ulleseit
- Introducing Author C. C. Cole
- Introducing Author Joe Harwell
- Introducing Author Caddy Rowland
- Introducing Author Dee Garretson
- Introducing Author Shalini Boland
- Introducing Author Jennifer Hubbard
- Introducing Author Tallulah Grace
- Introducing Author Michael Young
- Introducing Author Jenny Phillips
- Introducing Author Tammara Webber
- Introducing Author Peter Meredith
- Introducing Author S.J. Clarke
- Introducing suspense/horror writer Vincent Bivona
- Today's author post
- Introducing Author Grace Elliot
- Introducing Author Delsheree Gladden
- Introducing Author Ann Simko
- Introducing Author Kristyn Carter
- Introducing Author Laura Diamond
- Introducing Author M. Todd Gallowglas
- Introducing Author Carlyle Labuschagne
- Introduing Author Cameo Renae
- Introducing Paranormal Author Susan Stec
- Introducing YA Author Jessica Redmerski
- Introducing YA Author Angela Fristoe
- ▼ March (34)