Getting my book published is a dream come true…but it’s also terrifying. Like most writers, I tend to be and introvert, and the entire process of getting published has required putting myself out there.
I first put myself out there by letting my friends read my rough drafts. It seems a small thing, but having someone read my writing feels a bit like letting them see me naked. Thankfully my friends made me feel like a Victoria’s Secret model.
As I tried to write my battle scenes, I realized my mini-van was showing so I took a chance and sought help at thenextbigwriter.com. At first it felt like a plastic surgeon consult, where they circle your every flaw with a big fat marker. I almost quit seven times. But then I put my big girl panties on, realized they were right (for the most part ), and I started making changes. As a result, my writing improved (especially those battle scenes). Now I’m probably one of the website’s biggest fans.
When I completed my novel, it was time to find an agent and/or publisher. That was like being naked on the catwalk, and I often felt like Quasimodo. I sent out query letters with no success. Then I attended the PNWA conference in Bellevue, Washington. It was overwhelming, but I learned a lot about the publishing industry and the other attendees helped me write my pitch. Also, I got a chance to meet with the owner of Champagne Books, who eventually offered me a contract.
It’s been daunting at times, but in the end it’s worth it, to get to that point where I am making suggestions about what I want my cover to look like. (Yeehaw!) And now it’s time to put myself out there even more and market my book, (Facebook, Twitter, and websites, oh my!) so here I go, skinny dipping in the blogging pool…
Coming January 2013 from Champagne Books…
The Prophet, the Watcher, and the Raven,a fantasy novel by Audra Middleton.
An orphan girl seeks the oblivion of the forest while darkness lures the Chosen Son of prophecy, yet they find each other, and their budding love could destroy the very world Goran, the tormented prophet, is trying to save.
War threatens to destroy the world of Anthelion unless the holy man, Goran, can solve his prophecy riddle. For every clue he finds, another obstacle surfaces. An orphan girl, Watcher, becomes his responsibility. As if parenthood itself isn’t daunting enough, she keeps a bear for a pet and transforms into her forest surroundings to avoid socialization. Hope momentarily emerges when Goran finds Benaiah, the Chosen Son of the prophecy. Only he soon discovers Benaiah is a social pariah on the verge of embracing darkness.
When Benaiah and Watcher unexpectedly meet, the two outsiders find in each other a sense of belonging they’ve never known. Now their emerging love promises to bring about the same war Goran is struggling to prevent.
Check out my website for updates, sneak peeks & my monthly blog.
Order Apryl Baker Merchandise
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Meinke, or some of you may know me as knightsrachel from my life over on Wattpad. It’s such an honor to b...
Hi, my name is Thelma and I will be your host. We have an exciting show for you all today with lots of wonderful character interviews from...
THE GHOST FILES SERIES SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!! The Ghost Files Volume 3 By Apryl Baker Summary from Goodreads: One,...
- ► 2016 (69)
- ► 2015 (269)
- ► 2014 (165)
- ► 2013 (67)
- Introducing YA Author Courtney Vail
- Introducing Author Yasir Hayat
- Introducing Author Natasha Duncan-Drake
- Introducing Author Diana Murdock
- Introducing Author Audra Middleton
- Introducing Author Miranda Lynn
- Introducing Author Peggy Randall-Martin
- Introducing Author L. Anne Beard
- Introducing Author Linda Ulleseit
- Introducing Author C. C. Cole
- Introducing Author Joe Harwell
- Introducing Author Caddy Rowland
- Introducing Author Dee Garretson
- Introducing Author Shalini Boland
- Introducing Author Jennifer Hubbard
- Introducing Author Tallulah Grace
- Introducing Author Michael Young
- Introducing Author Jenny Phillips
- Introducing Author Tammara Webber
- Introducing Author Peter Meredith
- Introducing Author S.J. Clarke
- Introducing suspense/horror writer Vincent Bivona
- Today's author post
- Introducing Author Grace Elliot
- Introducing Author Delsheree Gladden
- Introducing Author Ann Simko
- Introducing Author Kristyn Carter
- Introducing Author Laura Diamond
- Introducing Author M. Todd Gallowglas
- Introducing Author Carlyle Labuschagne
- Introduing Author Cameo Renae
- Introducing Paranormal Author Susan Stec
- Introducing YA Author Jessica Redmerski
- Introducing YA Author Angela Fristoe
- ▼ March (34)