It's all in the attitude.
Hi Apryl! Thanks so much for hosting me today.
I was watching Restaurant: Impossible last week showcasing a brazen woman with a snarky tongue whose restaurant was tanking because of her attitude.
When a customer complained, she's let 'em know why they were wrong. "The customer's not always right," she quipped.
She alienated her customers to the point of nearly losing her business.
It got me thinking about writers. (Just like everything does, LOL!)
Lots (the majority I'd say) of writers are positive, supportive, glass-is-half-full kind of people. Thank goodness!
Considering the hurdles to get published, along with all the negative stuff out there, it's refreshing and encouraging to see writers helping each other with a smile.
Confession: Without the help of my positive, never-give-up-no-matter-what, so-you-lost-this-time-but-could-win-next-time, cheerleading writer pals, I would've quit a long time ago.
I wonder: What would things be like if the writing community were chock full of mean, nit-picky, grind-you-under-their-heel types? Just like that woman alienated her customers, a negative community would snuff out potential superstars in minutes.
How horrible would that be??? Countless friends (who now have agents and pubbing deals, yay!!), may have given up. And their writing is FAB! What a loss it would be for the world to never see their work!
That's why I can't express my thanks enough for the awesome, talented, intelligent, caring, and pull-you-back-from-the-ledge-as-many-times-as-you-need writers I've met along the way.
Without them, I would not be getting pubbed. My short story CITY OF LIGHTS AND STONE is a month from release in the DAY OF DEMONS Anthology by Anachron Press and my YA Dystopian ENDURE will be published by Kae Wilson Press (to be released in 2013).
In the meantime, you can check out my blog, Diamond—Lucid Dreamer, where I tackle writerly mental health questions on Mental Health Monday, share writer tips on Wednesdays, and bring in the fun on Flake-out Fridays!
You can find Laura here:
Here's my Blog: http://lbdiamond.wordpress.com/
Kae Wilson Publishing: http://www.kaewilsonpublishing.com/
Anachron Press: http://www.colinfbarnes.com/anachron-press
Order Apryl Baker Merchandise
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Meinke, or some of you may know me as knightsrachel from my life over on Wattpad. It’s such an honor to b...
Hi, my name is Thelma and I will be your host. We have an exciting show for you all today with lots of wonderful character interviews from...
THE GHOST FILES SERIES SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!! The Ghost Files Volume 3 By Apryl Baker Summary from Goodreads: One,...
- ► 2016 (69)
- ► 2015 (269)
- ► 2014 (165)
- ► 2013 (67)
- Introducing YA Author Courtney Vail
- Introducing Author Yasir Hayat
- Introducing Author Natasha Duncan-Drake
- Introducing Author Diana Murdock
- Introducing Author Audra Middleton
- Introducing Author Miranda Lynn
- Introducing Author Peggy Randall-Martin
- Introducing Author L. Anne Beard
- Introducing Author Linda Ulleseit
- Introducing Author C. C. Cole
- Introducing Author Joe Harwell
- Introducing Author Caddy Rowland
- Introducing Author Dee Garretson
- Introducing Author Shalini Boland
- Introducing Author Jennifer Hubbard
- Introducing Author Tallulah Grace
- Introducing Author Michael Young
- Introducing Author Jenny Phillips
- Introducing Author Tammara Webber
- Introducing Author Peter Meredith
- Introducing Author S.J. Clarke
- Introducing suspense/horror writer Vincent Bivona
- Today's author post
- Introducing Author Grace Elliot
- Introducing Author Delsheree Gladden
- Introducing Author Ann Simko
- Introducing Author Kristyn Carter
- Introducing Author Laura Diamond
- Introducing Author M. Todd Gallowglas
- Introducing Author Carlyle Labuschagne
- Introduing Author Cameo Renae
- Introducing Paranormal Author Susan Stec
- Introducing YA Author Jessica Redmerski
- Introducing YA Author Angela Fristoe
- ▼ March (34)