Introducing Author Diana Murdock
I don’t hide behind the words I write.
I live them.
I breathe them.
I am them.
What you see is what you get.
As it is, I should think, with every writer. We speak from our souls, and like the air that we breathe in order to live, we need to write in order to stay sane. There’s always a certain something simmering just below the surface that keeps us keenly aware of our surroundings and has us listening to our hearts. Be it personal experiences or our interpretation, we take it all in and file it away for another day.
I read something on Facebook some time ago that pretty much sums it up: “You know you’re a writer when you’re about to pass out from pain and all you can think is, ‘At least I’ll be able to write something like this realistically now.’”
So we write what we know. This is what I did with my first novel, Again, a story of two women, born centuries apart, who accept lives of obligation and responsibility; lives without passion, with men who would claim them for their own. Until, that is, a chain of events complicates things in ways they never imagined, all because of one man’s love for a woman…a love that crosses through centuries to find her again.
I know this story, because I lived it. Well, most of it anyway. I’ve always been fascinated with reincarnation and have had recurring dreams and visions, which compelled me to write this novel. This was me, and I was her.
My next soon-to-be-released novel, Souled, is also based on personal experience. I’ve always known about soul attachments, in which an earth-bound spirit, benign or malevolent, can attach itself to a person. My ex had one (and probably still does) as did my young son (who has been cleared). A fascinating and sometimes chilling experience, I had to write about it.
Here is the blurb for the novel:
Power and Control…
What 17-year-old boy wouldn’t be tempted by the promise of power and control - no matter what form that promise came in?
Seth knew exactly what he would do with power and control. He’d be well on his way to a wrestling scholarship, his dad could stop working so hard to make ends meet, and he’d forever have the heart of his girlfriend, Sandpoint High’s most beautiful girl.
For Seth, the temptation was much too strong to resist. And why should he? The way he saw it, he had everything to gain.
But when he unknowingly invites another soul to share his body, Seth discovers that not all power is good – especially when it was never his to wield. And when the soul reveals its true intentions, will Seth have the strength to fight it or would death be less painful?
~ ~ ~
Everyone has a story to tell. Some choose to live it. Some choose to write it. And some choose to read about it. Which one are you?
Again available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Again-ebook/dp/B003PPD93M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332648471&sr=8-1
My website: www.dianamurdock.wordpress.com
Souled to be released Spring 2012
Connect with me: Twitter: @Diana_Murdock https://twitter.com/#!/Diana_Murdock
or on Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4078383.Diana_Murdock
Order Apryl Baker Merchandise
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Meinke, or some of you may know me as knightsrachel from my life over on Wattpad. It’s such an honor to b...
Hi, my name is Thelma and I will be your host. We have an exciting show for you all today with lots of wonderful character interviews from...
THE GHOST FILES SERIES SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!! The Ghost Files Volume 3 By Apryl Baker Summary from Goodreads: One,...
- ► 2016 (69)
- ► 2015 (269)
- ► 2014 (165)
- ► 2013 (67)
- Introducing YA Author Courtney Vail
- Introducing Author Yasir Hayat
- Introducing Author Natasha Duncan-Drake
- Introducing Author Diana Murdock
- Introducing Author Audra Middleton
- Introducing Author Miranda Lynn
- Introducing Author Peggy Randall-Martin
- Introducing Author L. Anne Beard
- Introducing Author Linda Ulleseit
- Introducing Author C. C. Cole
- Introducing Author Joe Harwell
- Introducing Author Caddy Rowland
- Introducing Author Dee Garretson
- Introducing Author Shalini Boland
- Introducing Author Jennifer Hubbard
- Introducing Author Tallulah Grace
- Introducing Author Michael Young
- Introducing Author Jenny Phillips
- Introducing Author Tammara Webber
- Introducing Author Peter Meredith
- Introducing Author S.J. Clarke
- Introducing suspense/horror writer Vincent Bivona
- Today's author post
- Introducing Author Grace Elliot
- Introducing Author Delsheree Gladden
- Introducing Author Ann Simko
- Introducing Author Kristyn Carter
- Introducing Author Laura Diamond
- Introducing Author M. Todd Gallowglas
- Introducing Author Carlyle Labuschagne
- Introduing Author Cameo Renae
- Introducing Paranormal Author Susan Stec
- Introducing YA Author Jessica Redmerski
- Introducing YA Author Angela Fristoe
- ▼ March (34)