Introducing Author Grace Elliot
This week, I had a nightmare come true.
Let me qualify that; no one got hurt and no one died, the house didn’t burn down and I still have a job, so on the grand scheme let's keep things in proportion…but as a writer, things don’t get much worse than this. You see my latest book, Eulogy's Secret, has just come off promotion on Amazon and had a staggering 28,000 free downloads.
Except the next day my editor emailed to warn me that the book's formatting had been corrupted. "Eulogy's Secret" was no longer a thing a beauty but had transformed from historical romance into a horror story. The perfect indents, page breaks and paragraphs had been lost and my labour of love had become an amorphous stream of words… currently uploaded onto 28,000 reader's Kindles.
I never again want to feel that sinking sensation; the horrible feeling of being out of control, of wanting to explain but not being able to make people hear. I couldn’t concentrate on anything, couldn’t sleep, couldn’t write (which is my comfort in times of stress) until the book was re-formatted and uploaded.
Three days later and Amazon has things in hand. A newly formatted version is live and the wonderful people at Amazon will email each and every person who downloaded the book to offer a replacement copy…but you have to admit, as nightmares go - it's a good one. Which brings me neatly back to my book.
At the beginning of "Eulogy's Secret", we join our heroine, Eulogy Foster, alone in London as she searches for her estranged brother, Lord Lucien Devlin. But on his doorstep she is attacked and robbed of the papers that prove her identity. At knife point, ruffians carry her off down a side street where she fears for her life. But luckily, her cries for help are heard by a passing stranger, Jack Huntley. A scuffle breaks out and Jack rescues Eulogy from one nightmare… but with no money, alone and without a bed for the night, for her problems have only just started.
Part of Eulogy's nightmare is that she is powerless to make people believe the truth…and then ironically, if she told Jack Huntley her secret, she may never know if his growing feelings for her are real, or influenced by other factors..
My problems are insignificant compared to Eulogy's, but I'm sure you also have some horror stories. So please, do leave a comment. Do share your disaster stories!
Where you buy Grace's books:
A Dead Man's Debt
Cat Pies - Feline Historical Trivia.
Order Apryl Baker Merchandise
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Meinke, or some of you may know me as knightsrachel from my life over on Wattpad. It’s such an honor to b...
Hi, my name is Thelma and I will be your host. We have an exciting show for you all today with lots of wonderful character interviews from...
THE GHOST FILES SERIES SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!! The Ghost Files Volume 3 By Apryl Baker Summary from Goodreads: One,...
- ► 2016 (69)
- ► 2015 (269)
- ► 2014 (165)
- ► 2013 (67)
- Introducing YA Author Courtney Vail
- Introducing Author Yasir Hayat
- Introducing Author Natasha Duncan-Drake
- Introducing Author Diana Murdock
- Introducing Author Audra Middleton
- Introducing Author Miranda Lynn
- Introducing Author Peggy Randall-Martin
- Introducing Author L. Anne Beard
- Introducing Author Linda Ulleseit
- Introducing Author C. C. Cole
- Introducing Author Joe Harwell
- Introducing Author Caddy Rowland
- Introducing Author Dee Garretson
- Introducing Author Shalini Boland
- Introducing Author Jennifer Hubbard
- Introducing Author Tallulah Grace
- Introducing Author Michael Young
- Introducing Author Jenny Phillips
- Introducing Author Tammara Webber
- Introducing Author Peter Meredith
- Introducing Author S.J. Clarke
- Introducing suspense/horror writer Vincent Bivona
- Today's author post
- Introducing Author Grace Elliot
- Introducing Author Delsheree Gladden
- Introducing Author Ann Simko
- Introducing Author Kristyn Carter
- Introducing Author Laura Diamond
- Introducing Author M. Todd Gallowglas
- Introducing Author Carlyle Labuschagne
- Introduing Author Cameo Renae
- Introducing Paranormal Author Susan Stec
- Introducing YA Author Jessica Redmerski
- Introducing YA Author Angela Fristoe
- ▼ March (34)