Meet Author Stacy Nash


I’d like to say a huge thank you to April for coordinating this blog fest. It’s a massive job and so generous of her to donate countless hours of work to helping promote other authors. You’re a rock star, Apryl. Thank you!

My name is Stacey Nash and I write adventure filled YA stories in the Science Fiction and Fantasy genres. My books have a lot of adventure, a good dose of danger, a smattering of romance, and of course KISSING! My debut book, Forget Me Not, released earlier this year from HarperCollins and its sequel, Remember Me soon followed. Because I love sci-fi like in the TV shows Fringe and S.H.E.I.L.D as well as urban fantasy, the series is a real mix of that type of sci-fi in a setting secluded from public knowledge. It’s essentially conspiracy theory YA. And of course there's romance... because everyone loves a little loving. Here's a sneak peek through an interview with the main character, Anamae. 

 Anamae, what's the craziest thing that's happened to you lately?
Now that’s a loaded question. *leans in, whispers* The other day when I was having a bit of fun with Will, we found this old pendant and, oh my gosh, it turned me freaking invisible. Can you believe that? I put it on and poof, gone. I still can’t believe it. Who knew stuff like that actually existed.
So what do you think is happening with your father?
Gosh, it’s so hard to tell. The pendant thing led to a whole slew of trouble. I’m scared that may have caused the weirdness. I don’t know though; there’s something a bit...not right going on.  After the incident with the invisibility... *shakes head*... sheesh, home’s not all that safe. I’m hiding out at this place Al calls a ‘safe house’.

Is there any potential romance?
Ha! Now there’s a likely story. The dog’s pretty cool. *winks* Seriously, the only boys in my life are my best friend, Will and this new guy… Jax.


 
What's your dearest dream for the future?
That somehow my family is reunited. I miss my mom something fierce. There’s not a lot of hope that she’s still alive, but deep inside, I kind of feel like she is.
What are you most afraid of?
Boy, that’s another tough one. I think I’m afraid of being alone. That this thing with my Dad won’t get better, that Mom will never be found, that I’ll lose Will too. Without the people I love, I’m not sure I could go on.
So, turning invisible is kind of cool, but it's not exactly something you chose. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
You know, that question is kind of irrelevant considering all the cool tech around. Anyone can be a superhero if you know where and how to find it. Just don’t let the Collective catch you. Yeah, that wouldn’t be very good. All of that aside though, I wouldn’t mind being able to travel through time. There sure are some things I’d do differently.
Thanks, Anamae. You’d better go back to keeping those boys in line!

 
Anamae is drawn into a world which shatters everything she knew to be true.
Since her mother vanished nine years ago, Anamae and her father have shared a quiet life. But when Anamae discovers a brooch identical to her mother's favorite pendant, she unknowingly invites a slew of trouble into their world. They're not just jewellery, they're part of a highly developed technology capable of cloaking the human form. Triggering the jewellery's power attracts the attention of a secret society determined to confiscate the device - and silence everyone who is aware of its existence. Anamae knows too much, and now she's Enemy Number One. She's forced to leave her father behind when she's taken in by a group determined to keep her safe. Here Anamae searches for answers about this hidden world. With her father kidnapped and her own life on the line, Anamae must decide if saving her dad is worth risking her new friends' lives. No matter what she does, somebody is going to get hurt. 

Buy links:

I love connecting with readers and other writers. Find me here:
Author Website: www.stacey-nash.com 
Twitter: @staceynash
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/staceylnash/


Keep reading for more great authors! 

Apryl Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment