Meet Author Quinn Loftis


Quinn Loftis
October 31 Blog Post
Twitter: @AuthQuinnLoftis
Facebook: Quinn Loftis Books
Goodreads: Quinn Loftis Books

Going to the Dark Side

I’m going to be talking about my new series that I’ve started called The Gypsy Healer Series. In particular I will be focusing on book 2 which released today! Wolf of Stone is the follow up book to Into the Fae which released in June of 2014. Since releasing Into the Fae I have received a lot of comments on the fact that this series seems to be going in a much darker direction that my other two series, Elin and Grey Wolves. I’ve had tons of people ask me why that is and so I thought I’d just give my thoughts on the issue.

When I decided to do a spin off series from the Grey Wolves I was very concerned with making sure that I didn’t have characters that were like the Grey Wolves only with different names. I wanted them to have different issues and hopefully have things that some readers could relate to. Believe it or not I actually pray about my books before, during and after writing them. I want to make sure that I’m not just writing fiction, but that I’m writing something that impacts the reader on many levels. So as I began to write Into the Fae I prayed about the kinds of characters that would help meet readers where they were or even where they had once been. These characters have some very rough, dark history ranging from sexual abuse as a child, to bullying from their peers, and even dealing with living in the foster care system. Because they are YA books I try to be careful with how much details I give, but I also want to give enough that the readers are able to join the character in their struggle, pain, grief and then their healing process as well. 

I knew it would be a risk to write a series with an overall darker feel, but I also felt very led to do it. I hope that I do my characters justice and that people see that no matter how far down they may be, there is always hope. I use a lot of parallels to Christianity because I’m a Christian but I never want to beat readers over the head with my faith. Because it is the whole basis for my life I can’t help but have influences from it in my writing. It is my prayer that even though these are fictions books, someone, if only one person, will be able to walk away from it knowing that they are loved, they are worth far more than they can imagine and that through their pain they can help others.

I do think that the Gypsy Healer Series is probably for a little older audience because of the subjects dealt with, though as always my books are fade to black in the romance department. I hope that this has shed light on why I went the direction I did with these books and truly hope if you choose to read them that you enjoy them.

Thank you!
Quinn Loftis


Dalton Black, a Canis lupis full of guilt and anger, never expected to find his true mate. Perhaps already slipping into madness, he had resigned himself to the fact that he would walk the earth without the other half of his soul. He was convinced that his sins where enough to keep the Great Luna from giving him such a blessing. He knew it was probably better that way. His past was as dark as his name and after three centuries of running from it, the memories were finally catching up to him. 


But all of those resignations evaporated when he saw her broken and bloodied body lying on that altar. Though the man didn’t recognize her, the wolf did. Through battle and bloodshed he was able to save her from the evil that held her captive, but now he would need her to save him from himself. 

Jewel Stone was wholly unaware of the ancient bloodlines of Gypsy Healers, mates to Canis lupis and protectors of the packs—much less that she carried that blood herself. But when a beautiful but deadly woman showed up in her home and ripped her from her realm, she knew her life would never be the same. Her mother, Gem, a fortune teller, had warned her that something was coming, that her life was about to change dramatically, but like everyone else, Jewel had dismissed her as a crazy person. 

Jewel was the laughing stock of her school simply because Gem was her mother. And up until now, her life was one big disappointment after another. Instead of heeding her mother’s warning, she hid in her books, burying herself behind knowledge, both fact and fiction. She escaped into worlds created by others and filled her mind with facts of every kind in an effort to push away the hurtful words that others bombarded her with. Despite all of her knowledge and all of her fantastical stories, she never dreamed her own future would be full of adventure, danger, passion and the possibility of unconditional love. As she lay unconscious after her first bloody encounter in the fae realm, her only chance of survival lay in the hands of a man scarred by his past, disfigured both emotionally and physically, and beyond the reach of any who had tried to help him. 

Can two broken people, who carry the other half of each other’s souls span the chasm between them and restore the innocence ripped from both their lives? Will they let the promise of healing love overcome the difference in age and experience, and the separation of species and realms? Or will they give in to the fear and doubt that would keep them from one another for eternity?

  Keep reading for more great authors!

Apryl Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment