Meet Author Dorothy Dreyer



Hey, everyone! I'm Dorothy Dreyer, author of the Reaper's Rite series: My Sister's Reaper and My Tethered Soul. In this young adult dark paranormal, Zadie makes the mistake of telling Gavin (the boy she likes) that she can bring her dead sister (Mara) back to life. When she does, all hell breaks loose. A Reaper is then after Mara, seeking to claim her soul, and Zadie must learn how to fight him off. That's where Lilura (Zadie's mentor) and Chase (Lilura's grandson) come into play.

While the series is immersed in dark themes, there are some light moments too. And here's an example of just how the characters interact inside my head during those light moments.













MY SISTER'S REAPER


MY TETHERED SOUL




Dorothy Dreyer has always believed in magic. Born in Angeles City, Philippines, to a Filipino mother and American Father, Dorothy grew up a military brat, living in Massachusetts, South Dakota, Guam, New Jersey, and New York. She now lives in Frankfurt, Germany, with her husband, two teens, and two Siberian huskies. Dorothy not only writes books with some element of magic in them, but has a fondness for reading those kinds of books as well. She also enjoys movies, chocolate, take-out, and spending time with family and friends. She’s known to make a pretty sweet cupcake when she has the time. She also tends to sing sometimes, so keep her away from your Karaoke bars.


Apryl Baker

3 comments:

  1. I love your imagination! The only other books that I have read that revolved around magic was the HP series. I was totally captivated reading your 2 books and I am looking forward to the next, and the next one, then the next, and so on. Your mind works in a way that most people could only dream of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a 40+ guy and I love these books. I read them under the guise that I am reading the YA books to see if it is appropriate for my kids, but truth is I love them. Dorothy is an amazing writer and I can't wait to read her next book! Phil F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL cute! Love the cupcakes! And love the books!!

    ReplyDelete