Meet Author Heather Dahlgren


Hi everyone.  First I’d like to introduce myself.  My name is Heather Dahlgren and I write Erotic and Contemporary Romance.  I have 3 books out right now, Changed (Book One Of The Change Series), Commitment (Book Two Of The Change Series) and Dancing Hearts (A Standalone).  I love every second of being an author and all the amazing people I’ve met.  I am married to my high school sweetheart and we have three amazing kids.  I am a stay at home mom and I use that term loosely considering all my kids are in school.  I have a teenage boy and 2 tween girls.  Yes, the hormones in my house are off the charts. I live in New Jersey and I’ve never pumped my own gas.  I am thrilled to be a part of Blog Fest and getting the chance to meet more readers, friends and amazing authors.

I also want to introduce you to the male characters of my books.   What better way of doing that then an interview.  I asked the lovely Melissa Blackstone from the magazine that one of my female leads, Maddie works for, to do the interview.  She happily accepted.  


I can’t believe I am surrounded by four of the sexiest men I’ve ever seen.  I am a professional but crap this is going to be amazing.  I look over at the four of them talking and laughing with each other.  It is making focusing on this interview difficult that’s for sure.

Melissa: Guys thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview with me.  How about you each introduce yourself and tell us a little about your story.  The only thing I ask is that you keep it clean. (Everyone looks over at Young.) 

Young: What?  (He looks around at all of us with mock offence on his face) You guys think I can’t keep it clean?  (Campbell, Dick and Cooper all laugh at once)  Hey Fu…Forget you guys.  I’ll show you pu..guys I know how to keep it clean.  (Campbell is shaking his head trying to hide the fact he is laughing, while Dick and Cooper just flat out laugh at him.) 

Melissa: Fair enough Young.  Campbell why don’t you start and tell us about you and your story?


 
Campbell: Sounds great.  First I want to thank you for taking the time to do this interview.  I know it will make the boss lady very happy and we like to keep her happy.  (All the guys shake their heads in agreement.)  When I first saw Kenz (Kenz is his girlfriend) it was unbelievable.  I’ve never in my life felt an instant attraction like I did with her.  I was nervous, excited and completely turned on.  When we got together, it was the most romantic, sweet and hot relationship I’ve ever had.  I knew pretty quickly I was in love with her.  Unfortunately, there were secrets, secrets that caused so much pain.  Pain that I never in my life thought I’d experience.  (He is covering his face with his hands with his body bent forward.)

Melissa:  It seems you are still struggling with what happened Campbell.  You want to talk about that. (He snaps his head up with a look of devastation clear on his face.)

Campbell:  When someone you love is caused that amount of pain, it isn’t something that you forget.  I would have done anything for Kenz and it destroys me to think of everything that happened.  Please, let’s move on.  (Dick comes over and gives him a hug and whispers in his ear.  Luckily for me Dick doesn’t whisper quietly.  He said, “You are a good man, don’t let the past define you.”)

Melissa:  Alright Campbell let’s move on.  Your story isn’t just about you and Kenz though is it?  (This brings an immediate smile to his face.)
Campbell:  No it’s not.  It’s about our friends as well.  My guys Young and Dick were with me when I met Kenz in the bar.  She was there with her friends Maddie and Becca.  We all became the best of friends.   

Young:  Fu…Heck yes we did.  Truth or Dare!  (Everyone starts laughing.)

Melissa:  Truth or Dare?  (Campbell looks over at me laughing.)

Campbell:  The six of us play truth or dare.  We come up with some ridiculous dares, especially Young.  He takes that game seriously.  (Young stands up and takes a bow.)

Young: I am the king of that game.  I will never back down from a dare and I will always come up with the best ones.  Most of the time these pu…guys whine about doing it.  (He starts laughing and Campbell and Dick shake their heads.  Young looks at them still laughing.)  You guys know it’s true, I’ll do anything.

Dick:  He’s not kidding.  He really will do anything.  He just doesn’t care.  (Young holds his hand up for someone to high five him. And they all start laughing.  I laugh along with them.)

Melissa:  Thank you Campbell.  Let’s move on, we still have a lot to cover.  Young, would you like to tell us a little about your story.  Just please remember to keep it clean. (He gives me a wink and a smirk.)


Young:  You’ve got it sexy.  (I actually feel myself blush.)  It all started when Campbell met Red. (Red is Young’s nickname for Kenz.)  I saw Maddie and knew that we would be together that night.  As always, I was right and we had one fu…freaking good time.  It went on like that, just sex for months and I couldn’t believe that I had actually let feelings into it.  Maddie and I are both good for one night stands, multiple partners but letting feelings in was not something we did.  Well that wasn’t the case with her.  I couldn’t help it, I fell in love with her. 

Melissa:  Well that sounds…romantic. (Everyone in the room laughs, including Young.)  What I mean is I guess Maddie was happy to hear that.  (Young gives a mock laugh.)

Young:  Melissa, you know as well as I do being Maddie’s boss, that she wouldn’t want that.  (I wish I could say he was right, but I honestly didn’t know that.)  She was not happy with any of that.  She doesn’t do relationships and wasn’t about to break her rules for me.

Melissa:  That must have been hard. (He smirks at me.)

Young:  I’m not a guy who just gives up.  I had to come up with a plan, something that would convince her that we are meant to be together in more than the bedroom.  And the car, kitchen, couch, shower…

Campbell:  Alright Young we get it.  (Young just laughs.)

Young:  Anyway, nothing was easy when it came to Maddie.  Nothing but sex.  There was so much more than I ever expected for why Maddie is the way she is. 
Melissa:  Care to explain?  (He leans back in his seat with his arms folded behind his head and a smirk on his face.)

Young:  Nope.  

Melissa:  Alright we will move on.  Just like with Campbell, your story included the whole crew is that right?

Young:  Yes.  We continue on with our truth or dare and can I just say something while I have the attention of so many sexy people?

Campbell:  Here we go.

Dick: This should be good.

Young:  Shut up you pu…guys.  I’ve got a point I want to make.  

Melissa:  Go ahead Young.

Young:  Thank you sexy.  So here it is, don’t you all think that playing strip poker is fun?  Don’t you think that it is something that should be played often?  I mean why wouldn’t someone want to play?  (Everyone is laughing.  Everyone except for Young.  He is totally serious.)

Campbell:  Young, how many times do we need to go over this?  Playing strip poker with my best friends is not something that is going to happen.

Young:  You know what Campbell?  You guys are a bunch of fu.. (he turns to look at me) This is harder than I thought, not cursing.  We should probably move on.  It’s going to burst out of me. 

Dick:  I knew this was going to be hard for you.  I’m actually impressed you’ve kept it clean this long.  (Once again they all start laughing and Young flips them off.)

Melissa:  Let’s move on.  Dick, I know that your story is not available yet but is there anything you would like to say before we move on to Cooper?  (He gives me a smirk)

Dick:  Melissa I would just like to say that I love my friends and I would do anything to protect each and every one of them.  The boss lady, I have no doubt, will tell my story exactly how it needs to be told.  I definitely have a lot to tell you all and I’m really excited for you all to finally get my story. 

Melissa:  Can you tell us the name of you story and when it will be releasing?

Dick:  The name of my story is Conflicted.  You would have to ask the boss lady when it is going to release, but I know it will still be a while.  Maybe next month sometime.

Melissa:  Thank you Dick.  We all look forward to this story.  I personally can’t wait to know more about the mysterious Keith Dickson. (He gives me a sexy wink and nod.)  Alright, let’s switch gears.  Campbell, Young and Dick you guys are all from the same series, The Change Series.  Cooper, you aren’t part of that series you have your own story.  Would you like to tell us about your story?


 
Cooper: Thank you Melissa.  First I’d like to say that even though I’m not a part of The Change Series, these guys right here have become great friends of mine.   Second, I’d like to thank the boss lady for telling my story.  (I smile at him for his sweet words.)

Melissa:  Alright, so why don’t you tell us how you and Emma met?  (He crosses his colorful tattooed arms and smiles at me.)

Cooper:  We met at a Luke Bryan concert.  We both share a love of music that I’ve never had with anyone.  That first encounter was mind blowing.  After that we continued our relationship, even though it took just about everything to get around our schedules.  

Melissa:  Why would that be such a problem?

Cooper:  Emma is a hair dresser, she works during the day.  I own a bar therefore I work nights and weekends.  We snuck in every spare minute we could to be together.  

Melissa:  Sounds challenging.  (He gives me a wink.)

Cooper:  It was something that I wouldn’t let stand in our way.

Melissa:  That’s great.  I’ve read your story, and I have to say that you are a standup guy.  You stepped in and took care of everything after losing your father.  I’m sorry for your loss by the way.

Cooper: Thank you.  I wasn’t that guy right away.  However, once I straightened myself out I took care of everything.  I took over my dad’s bar and made sure that my mom, who was suffering greatly with the loss, was taken care of.

Melissa:  You gave up a lot to take care of your mom, isn’t that right?

Cooper:  I’ll do anything for the people I love.  No question about it.

Melissa: That’s very noble of you.

Cooper:  That’s who I am.

Melissa:  You have a love for music and you play guitar.  Emma loved that didn’t she? (He puts those color arms behind his head and smiles at me.)

Cooper:  Yes.  She loved the fact that I played guitar.  She wanted me to teach her, we had some amazing lessons.  She is a quick study. 

Melissa:  Sounds amazing. 

Young: Hey Cooper maybe you can teach me how to play.  You know if women think it’s that sexy. (Cooper laughs shaking his head.)

Cooper:  Sure Young. (Young jumps over and hugs him.)

Young:  You are the man Coop!  (Campbell and Dick are both laughing.  Dick pulls Young off of Cooper.)

Dick:  Alright, enough Young.  Let him finish his story.

Young:  Fine, damn.  Oh crap sorry.  (He looks over at me laughing with his hand over his mouth.)

Melissa:  Alright let’s let Cooper finish his story.  Cooper is there anything else you wanted to add?

Cooper:  Just that my story is one that needs to be read.  

Melissa:  I’d agree with you.  All of you have a great story that deserves to be read.  Our time is almost up, but I want to do a speed round of questions with you guys.  I’ll ask a question and you give me one word to answer it.  Ready?  (I get a nod from all of them.)

Melissa: Love
Campbell: Kenz
Young: Sex
Dick: Law
Cooper: Emma

Melissa: Favorite band
Young:  No need to even wait for everyone to answer.  It’s Wicked Union, the band that Cooper has playing in his bar.  They are amazing.
Cooper:  He’s right.
(Campbell and Dick agree shaking their heads.)

Melissa: Favorite pastime
Campbell: Bar
Young: Sex
Dick: Friends
Cooper: Music

Melissa: Something you have you are proud of.  Not your ladies. (They all laugh)
Campbell: My degree
Young: Candy..my car
Dick: My badge
Cooper: My guitar

Melissa:  Thank you guys so much for doing this interview.  I had a fantastic time.  I hope you guys had a good time too.  You all have a hot, emotional, sexy and romantic story to tell and I know everyone who reads it will agree.  A special thank you to Heather aka your boss lady, for asking me to be a part of this.  It is definitely a day I won’t forget.  (Who could forget a day filled with this hotness?)  If anyone as any questions, comments or simply wants to follow Heather, I’ll post her page.  http://www.facebook.com/AuthorHeatherDahlgren 


Buy Links:


 
Buy Links:



Thank you all for taking the time to get to know my characters.  I love them all dearly and I hope you will too. Please get in touch with me if you have questions, comments or whatever.  I LOVE interacting with my readers, so don’t be shy!  Hope to hear from you soon. 

Apryl Baker

2 comments: