Meet Author Gaby Cabezut



Hey y’all!

My name is Emily. I’d always considered myself an average person. Until the day I crashed into a wall. My first thought after rubbing my head is how stupid I was. I mean, honestly, who does that? I’ve always heard about people crashing into glass paneled windows or doors…but a wall?

In my defense, I was totally distracted. Obviously.
 
My mind had been in the middle of an encouraging self-pep-talk. 

The worst part?

I crashed in front of my crush. I know. Talk about embarrassing. 

*Sighs*

The best part? 

My clumsiness made him fall in love with me. Apparently, he found it endearing.
So, we were perfect for each other. 

Me, being a klutz and he, being my prince charming saving me from myself.
How’s that for the perfect love story huh? There was only one thing: he was literally a prince.

That sort of complicated things…

Prince with benefits is now a published book under Pop Fiction Books (Philippines.)

I’m Gaby Cabezut. And if I’d met you four years ago and you’d tell me that I would be a published author today, I would have laughed at your face. Seriously.
 
Being a writer was something that just happened. I found Wattpad while surfing through my iPod’s app store. I was bored and I wanted to read something. For free. That’s how I found it. 

And my life changed forever. 

I found this great place to read different stories. One day, I decided to post my own story. I mean, how hard could that be, right? 

Wrong. 

Writing is hard. It’s complicated and mind-blowing. Literally. A few headaches are living proof of that. But it’s also thrilling and exciting to be able to create your own stories. Most of all, it’s amazing how people can welcome you to form a part of their everyday life. 

I’m Mexican and since I didn’t want anyone to know that I was writing, I started to write in English. So yeah, I made it harder for myself. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s pretty funny that I’ve tried to write in Spanish unsuccessfully. I create the stories in English on my mind. 

I’m weird like that. 

However, writing in English has opened quite a few doors for me. My book has been published in the Philippines. 

Yep. The Philippines.
 
I like to think of myself as the perfect example of globalization. 

Turns out, that I love writing. So freaking much.
 
So, I’ll keep on writing love stories (I’m sappy like that, too!) for as long as there is someone out there willing to read them.

You can find me on:
Twitter: @gabycabezut
Instagram (foodie alert!): @gabycabezut

Apryl Baker

2 comments:

  1. Cute. Who does your cover art? I know 2 wonderful anime artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pop Fiction illustrators did!
      (The company that published my book on the Philippines)

      Delete