Music of the Soul By Tawny Stokes
Music has always been a big influence in my life. Today, I listen to different playlists to write. The playlist will depend on the genre of the book and the mood. To write my latest book ELECTRIC I listened to a lot of Evanescence, Papa Roach, Adema, Sick Puppies, Skillet, Flyleaf and Breaking Benjamin. Other books require a softer edge, so I’ll put on my Sia station, with some Lykke Li, and Bat for Lashes, and Beck and even Enya. Songs will even give me new ideas for books.
As far back as I can remember, music has been there in my life. I can pinpoint moments in my life with certain songs. Billy Idol was a huge part of my life when I was in my early teens. I cut and dyed my hair just like his. I use to wear denim and leather and chains, and gloves, and do everything with a “Rebel Yell”. I met a wonderful sweet boy during my Idol phase. He was in his Idol phase as well.
Then I went from Idol to hardcore punk. Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Buzzcocks, The Clash, SNFU, Black Flag. I went to a lot of gigs with my big blue Mohawk and combat boots and slamdanced with the best of them. Even dived off a few speakers in my time. I was a bit of a groupie to some local bands, following them from gig to gig.
Mind you, I was never like Salem Vale from my book ELECTRIC. She’s a hardcore groupie to the band Malice, well she was until that night happened and transformed her into something else. To find out what that is, you might want to read the first book STATIC.
Music and my past exploits in the punk scene, had a big part to play in ELECTRIC and STATIC. Out of all my books, ELECTRIC and STATIC were the easiest to write. It flowed out of me like water. It is also one of my favorites. And I hope it becomes one of yours as well.
Here is my partial ELECTRIC playlist.
Broken – Seether (with Amy Lee)
Getting Away with Murder – Papa Roach
Kick in the Teeth – Papa Roach
Not Alone – Red
End of my Rope – Trapt
World So Cold – Three Days Grace
Comatose – Skillet
Beautiful Bride - Flyleaf
Is Music a big part of your life? How has it influenced you? Who are some of your favourite musicians?
Praise for Static
“Static is fast-paced and I couldn't put it down once I got into the story. I finished it in a matter of several hours! I would recommend this book to absolutely anyone, male or female, book-lover or not, because the sheer awesomeness must be shared with the entire world! How can awesom-ocity of this level not be recognized by everyone on earth? Pick up a copy as soon as you can, and if you don't, then you're seriously missing out.” – Cade, Braintasia Books
“You’re going to love Static --- a deep, dark and sexy ride. This is a creepy and unique addition to the YA paranormal genre that goes a little bit further and gives a little bit more.” - Janet Gurtler, author of I’m Not Her and If I Tell, Sourcebooks Fire.
"STATIC is an edgy, dark, and delicious read! Tawny Stokes is a tasty new voice in YA fiction." –Michelle Rowen, national bestselling author of Demon Princess series
"Static is an edgy, unique, whirlwind paranormal story with great action and amazing storytelling. This one leads you down a path you won't forget. Don't miss it!" - Denise A. Agnew
Blurb for ELECTRIC:
You can't out run the shadows....
Back in Boise, Salem and Trevor try to find some normalcy. Salem goes back to school, hangs out with her friends, and gets an after school job. Trevor gets an apartment and a job and the two continue to date and see each other like normal teenagers. But they will soon learn you can't outrun your past.
A teen girl is found dead in a dumpster. The exact same dumpster Salem had been left for dead in. It's no coincidence and the two find themselves face to face with Merlin who is out for revenge and will settle at nothing to find it.
About the author:
Tawny Stokes has always been a writer. From an early age, she’d spin tales of serial killers in love, vampires taking over the world, and sometimes about fluffy bunnies turned bunnicidal maniacs. An honour student in high school, with a penchant for math and English, you’d never know it by the foot high blue Mohawk and Doc Martens, which often got her into trouble. No longer a Mohawk wearer, Tawny still enjoys old school punk rock, trance, zombie movies, teen horror films, and fluffy bunnies. She lives in Canada with her fantastical daughter, two cats, and spends most of her time creating new stories for teens.
You can visit her at http://www.tawnystokes.com http://www.tawnystokes.com or follow her on Twitter
Tawny also writes adult paranormal romance and urban fantasy under the name Vivi Anna. You can visit her at http://www.vivianna.net or follower her on Twitter
Order Apryl Baker Merchandise
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Meinke, or some of you may know me as knightsrachel from my life over on Wattpad. It’s such an honor to b...
Hi, my name is Thelma and I will be your host. We have an exciting show for you all today with lots of wonderful character interviews from...
THE GHOST FILES SERIES SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!! The Ghost Files Volume 3 By Apryl Baker Summary from Goodreads: One,...
- ► 2016 (69)
- ► 2015 (269)
- ► 2014 (165)
- Meet the Characters Blogfest is HERE!!!!
- Meet author Janine Caldwell
- Intoducing YA author, Laura Diamond
- Meet author Melissa Kircher
- Meet Taryn Browning, author of the Seeker series
- Introducing Author Aron Joice
- Intoducing YA author Dorothy Dreyer, author of My ...
- Introducing Author Summer Lane
- Intoducing Hally Willmott, author of Awakenings
- Meet Linda Ulleseit, YA author of On A Wing And A ...
- Meet YA author Sharon Ledwtih, author of Legend of...
- Meet Jacqueline Jock, author of Big Girls Do Cry
- Ayla Cover Reveal
- Mike and Gina by Buffy Andews
- Music of the Soul By Tawny Stokes
- COVER REVEAL: Bad Lands by Jonathan Yanez
- Young Adult Novels – Coming of Age in the 21st Cen...
- Meet YA author Shelley Workinger
- Meet Ruth Silver, author of Abberant
- Introducing YA Author Justin Swapp The Magic Shop...
- Introducing Alex Woolf, author of Soul Shadows
- Gunfights, family drama, and general mayhem: The M...
- A Chance For Redemption by Mary S. Palmer
- Meet Kelly Anne Blount, author of Grishma!
- Meet Tia Silverthorne Bach, author of Chasing Memo...
- Meet Joanne Keltner, author of Obsession
- Meet Rita Monette, author of The Legend of Ghost D...
- Introducing Bella Harte, author of Scarlett Poenix...
- Meet Anne Marie, author of La Dame à La Licorne
- Meet Gina Marie Long, author of Rocked: A Chelsie ...
- Introducing Kimberley Little, author of When The B...
- Introducing Author Robert Fluegel, author of Quick...
- Introducing Craig Maclachlan, author of Summer's S...
- Introducing YA author Carrie Russell
- Meet Kaitlin Bevis, author of The Daughters of Zeu...
- Introducing M. C. Lesh, author of Normalish
- The Infamous Susan Stec, author of Dead Girls Neve...
- Introducing Jessica Gunhammer, author of A Summer ...
- Introducing Liz DeJesus, best selling YA author
- Introducing Anna Silver
- Introducing Aria Williams, best selling Ya Author
- Meet Jonathan Yanez, best selling author of The Be...
- Introducing YA author Raine Thomas
- Introducing Angela Fristoe, Best selling author of...
- Introducing Author Jessica Tornese
- Introducing Emma Adams, author of The Puppet Spell...
- Inroducing Shane Scollins, author of The Game
- Introducing Delsheree Gladden, author of Wicked Hu...
- Introducing Amanda Lance, author of Wanted
- Intoducing Jack Croxall, author of Tethers
- Introducing Joanne Wadsworth
- ▼ September (51)
- ► 2012 (43)