Introducing Alex Woolf, author of Soul Shadows
Tying in with a recent trend for YA ‘fright-write’, Soul Shadows can be compared to Charlie Higson’s The Enemy or Darren Shan’s series, in its ability to grip and scare in equal measure. Exploring themes like mental health, childhood psychological abuse and the morality of science, SOUL SHADOWS offers much more than a one-dimensional scare story. Through his central character, Estelle, Alex Woolf places the reader right in the centre of the action – Estelle is an immediately gripping, though clearly damaged and vulnerable personality, and it’s the reader’s connection with her from the first page that makes the unfolding horror feel so true, so raw.
In the world of SOUL SHADOWS, Woolf explores what would happen if your shadow could come to life, and, ultimately, try to take your life. It’s a sinister concept that leaves readers jumpy and, literally, scared of their own shadow. Set in an unspecified rural English landscape there is a feeling of extreme claustrophobia as Estelle, and her friend, Sandor, try to escape the world of
Woolf admits he has been scared of shadows or the ideas of shadows for some time: “I’ve always felt your shadow is a scary idea, sometimes the light or dark warps your shape and you catch a flicker of movement from the corner of your eye, rationally you know it’s just your shadow, but what if…what if…I began to think – and then Soul Shadows was born.”
Praise for Soul Shadows:
"I can't say it enough: I loved this book! ... I don't usually read books again but this has to be an exception. Alex Woolf has thought of an amazing plot and together with amazing writing, they form Soul Shadows."
"A fast-paced horror story where the action kicks in before the end of the first chapter and doesn't relent until the final page."
“Wow! Soul Shadows had me gripped from the beginning to end. The writing style is very vivid and descriptive which is perfect for this creepy story.”
Comacalm’s Corner blog
“I felt really tense as I read, at times I almost didn’t want to click to turn the page…. it’s definitely the kind of terrifying that I love to read.”
Junipers Jungle blog
“I thought this book wouldn't be for me - and I was wrong! I tried it anyway and it is brilliant!”
“Possibly the most dramatic, tension-building, unusual story I have ever read.” Mile Long Bookshelf blog
“I thought this book was brilliant; it was extremely gripping and had just the right amount of horror to scare you!”
Hannah, 15 years old
Click here to buy Soul Shadows [http://www.curious-fox.com/products/soul-shadows/]
Known for his successful sci-fi Chronosphere trilogy, Woolf has been a fulltime writer for over a decade after leaving his job as a non-fiction editor in 2001. He lives in North London with his Italian wife and two children. In his spare time, he likes to play tennis, draw sharks, watch horror movies and teach himself the piano.
For more details about Alex Woolf and his books, visit his website at http://alexwoolf.co.uk/
Follow him on Twitter or on Facebook
Order Apryl Baker Merchandise
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Meinke, or some of you may know me as knightsrachel from my life over on Wattpad. It’s such an honor to b...
Hi, my name is Thelma and I will be your host. We have an exciting show for you all today with lots of wonderful character interviews from...
THE GHOST FILES SERIES SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!! The Ghost Files Volume 3 By Apryl Baker Summary from Goodreads: One,...
- ► 2016 (69)
- ► 2015 (269)
- ► 2014 (165)
- Meet the Characters Blogfest is HERE!!!!
- Meet author Janine Caldwell
- Intoducing YA author, Laura Diamond
- Meet author Melissa Kircher
- Meet Taryn Browning, author of the Seeker series
- Introducing Author Aron Joice
- Intoducing YA author Dorothy Dreyer, author of My ...
- Introducing Author Summer Lane
- Intoducing Hally Willmott, author of Awakenings
- Meet Linda Ulleseit, YA author of On A Wing And A ...
- Meet YA author Sharon Ledwtih, author of Legend of...
- Meet Jacqueline Jock, author of Big Girls Do Cry
- Ayla Cover Reveal
- Mike and Gina by Buffy Andews
- Music of the Soul By Tawny Stokes
- COVER REVEAL: Bad Lands by Jonathan Yanez
- Young Adult Novels – Coming of Age in the 21st Cen...
- Meet YA author Shelley Workinger
- Meet Ruth Silver, author of Abberant
- Introducing YA Author Justin Swapp The Magic Shop...
- Introducing Alex Woolf, author of Soul Shadows
- Gunfights, family drama, and general mayhem: The M...
- A Chance For Redemption by Mary S. Palmer
- Meet Kelly Anne Blount, author of Grishma!
- Meet Tia Silverthorne Bach, author of Chasing Memo...
- Meet Joanne Keltner, author of Obsession
- Meet Rita Monette, author of The Legend of Ghost D...
- Introducing Bella Harte, author of Scarlett Poenix...
- Meet Anne Marie, author of La Dame à La Licorne
- Meet Gina Marie Long, author of Rocked: A Chelsie ...
- Introducing Kimberley Little, author of When The B...
- Introducing Author Robert Fluegel, author of Quick...
- Introducing Craig Maclachlan, author of Summer's S...
- Introducing YA author Carrie Russell
- Meet Kaitlin Bevis, author of The Daughters of Zeu...
- Introducing M. C. Lesh, author of Normalish
- The Infamous Susan Stec, author of Dead Girls Neve...
- Introducing Jessica Gunhammer, author of A Summer ...
- Introducing Liz DeJesus, best selling YA author
- Introducing Anna Silver
- Introducing Aria Williams, best selling Ya Author
- Meet Jonathan Yanez, best selling author of The Be...
- Introducing YA author Raine Thomas
- Introducing Angela Fristoe, Best selling author of...
- Introducing Author Jessica Tornese
- Introducing Emma Adams, author of The Puppet Spell...
- Inroducing Shane Scollins, author of The Game
- Introducing Delsheree Gladden, author of Wicked Hu...
- Introducing Amanda Lance, author of Wanted
- Intoducing Jack Croxall, author of Tethers
- Introducing Joanne Wadsworth
- ▼ September (51)
- ► 2012 (43)