Introducing Emma Adams, author of The Puppet Spell
Genre: YA fantasy
Publisher: Rowanvale Books
Unlike her rebellious sister Lucinda, fifteen-year-old Lexa prefers to spend her free time playing video games, fighting the forces of evil with her partner-in-crime Marlon. But when Lucinda steals an invisibility potion from their uncle’s storeroom, she unleashes chaos into their lives. Lexa and Marlon find themselves catapulted into a world far more dangerous than any video game, full of misleading illusions, sinister Conjurors and deadly Fey, and threatened by a man with a grudge known as the Puppeteer. Accompanied only by Lexa’s uncle’s unreliable (and rather dangerous) Chimera, Lexa and Marlon must navigate this world to find Lucinda- before they too fall under the spell of the puppet master...
'Kudos to author Emma L. Adams and her debut novel! She has created a beautifully creepy work of art and I look forward to her future works.' - Fantasy author Amy Joy Lutchen (Goodreads review)
'OMG, my hat goes off to Miss Adams. "The Puppet Spell", is a mind-bogglingly crafted novel... It's Harry Potter meets The Matrix. It's a fast-paced story that left me gripping the end of my seat waiting for the next scene to start. Adams's debut novel is a must have! Its original take on magic and other worlds will have you placed under a spell of its own.' - YA author Elle A. Rose (Amazon review)
'Adams has crafted an entertaining fantasy tale with some nicely creepy moments. This novel is aimed at a young audience and should be extremely well received...a brilliantly written adventure story.' - Fantasy author Sharon Stevenson (Amazon review)
'Ms. Adams gives much attention to detail, and she makes you believe that other lands do exist. She has a wonderful way of making you feel immersed in the story and the flow from one scene to the next makes it easy to follow. It is both eerie and beautiful. If you enjoy otherworldly fantasies, this is a book you will enjoy!' - Christy at Christy's Cozy Corners - read the full review here .
'Excellent! I really, really liked this book. I was drawn into the setting, I loved the characters, the plot was great, and it kept me on the edge of my seat. I think readers of all ages will love Puppet Spell and I recommend you add it to your bookshelf today.' - Paul R. Hewitt, author of Lionel's Christmas Adventure
‘This really is a novel with more than enough to cast a spell over any reader.’ - Jack Croxall, author of Tethers
Read Chapter One: http://throughthegateway.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-puppet-spell-teaser.html
Add on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16107853-the-puppet-spell
Emma spent her childhood creating imaginary worlds to compensate for a disappointingly average reality, so it was probably inevitable that she ended up writing fantasy and paranormal for young adults. She was born in Birmingham, UK, which she fled at the first opportunity to study English Literature at Lancaster University. In her three years at Lancaster, she hiked up mountains, skydived in Australia, and endured a traumatic episode involving a swarm of bees in the Costa Rican jungle. She also wrote various novels and short stories. These included her first publication, a rather bleak dystopian piece, and a disturbing story about a homicidal duck (which she hopes will never see the light of day).
Now a reluctant graduate, she can usually be found in front of her writing desk, creating weird and wonderful alternative worlds. Her debut novel The Puppet Spell, published in 2013 by Rowanvale Books, is a fantasy tale for young adults and the young at heart, inspired by her lifelong love of the fantastical, mythology, and video games. Emma also writes supernatural fantasy novels for older teens and adults. Her next book, Darkness Watching, is the first in the upper-YA/New Adult Darkworld series, and will be published in September 2013 by Curiosity Quills Press.
Connect with Emma:
Amazon author page
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Order Apryl Baker Merchandise
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Meinke, or some of you may know me as knightsrachel from my life over on Wattpad. It’s such an honor to b...
Hi, my name is Thelma and I will be your host. We have an exciting show for you all today with lots of wonderful character interviews from...
THE GHOST FILES SERIES SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!! The Ghost Files Volume 3 By Apryl Baker Summary from Goodreads: One,...
- ► 2016 (69)
- ► 2015 (269)
- ► 2014 (165)
- Meet the Characters Blogfest is HERE!!!!
- Meet author Janine Caldwell
- Intoducing YA author, Laura Diamond
- Meet author Melissa Kircher
- Meet Taryn Browning, author of the Seeker series
- Introducing Author Aron Joice
- Intoducing YA author Dorothy Dreyer, author of My ...
- Introducing Author Summer Lane
- Intoducing Hally Willmott, author of Awakenings
- Meet Linda Ulleseit, YA author of On A Wing And A ...
- Meet YA author Sharon Ledwtih, author of Legend of...
- Meet Jacqueline Jock, author of Big Girls Do Cry
- Ayla Cover Reveal
- Mike and Gina by Buffy Andews
- Music of the Soul By Tawny Stokes
- COVER REVEAL: Bad Lands by Jonathan Yanez
- Young Adult Novels – Coming of Age in the 21st Cen...
- Meet YA author Shelley Workinger
- Meet Ruth Silver, author of Abberant
- Introducing YA Author Justin Swapp The Magic Shop...
- Introducing Alex Woolf, author of Soul Shadows
- Gunfights, family drama, and general mayhem: The M...
- A Chance For Redemption by Mary S. Palmer
- Meet Kelly Anne Blount, author of Grishma!
- Meet Tia Silverthorne Bach, author of Chasing Memo...
- Meet Joanne Keltner, author of Obsession
- Meet Rita Monette, author of The Legend of Ghost D...
- Introducing Bella Harte, author of Scarlett Poenix...
- Meet Anne Marie, author of La Dame à La Licorne
- Meet Gina Marie Long, author of Rocked: A Chelsie ...
- Introducing Kimberley Little, author of When The B...
- Introducing Author Robert Fluegel, author of Quick...
- Introducing Craig Maclachlan, author of Summer's S...
- Introducing YA author Carrie Russell
- Meet Kaitlin Bevis, author of The Daughters of Zeu...
- Introducing M. C. Lesh, author of Normalish
- The Infamous Susan Stec, author of Dead Girls Neve...
- Introducing Jessica Gunhammer, author of A Summer ...
- Introducing Liz DeJesus, best selling YA author
- Introducing Anna Silver
- Introducing Aria Williams, best selling Ya Author
- Meet Jonathan Yanez, best selling author of The Be...
- Introducing YA author Raine Thomas
- Introducing Angela Fristoe, Best selling author of...
- Introducing Author Jessica Tornese
- Introducing Emma Adams, author of The Puppet Spell...
- Inroducing Shane Scollins, author of The Game
- Introducing Delsheree Gladden, author of Wicked Hu...
- Introducing Amanda Lance, author of Wanted
- Intoducing Jack Croxall, author of Tethers
- Introducing Joanne Wadsworth
- ▼ September (51)
- ► 2012 (43)