Introducing Author Christy Sloat


My name is Christy Sloat and I’m a Twilight Fan. 

Well, now that I got your attention let me explain this. I’m not only a fan of Twilight, I’m a fan of all Young Adult books; the genre is my favorite. But Twilight is the reason for this relationship. 

I never set out to read a book about teen vampires; in fact I never wanted to read it. Then I watched the movie. Yep, I was hooked. Maybe it was Robert Pattinson’s golden hair or his bushy eyebrows, I don’t know. I was a goner for that boy. (Team Ice)



I read the books in one week and I was hooked. I knew Young Adult was the genre for me.

I took my obsession with the books so far that I even traveled to Forks, Washington from my New Jersey home. That’s me kissing the cardboard cutout of Edward or as I refer to him, Eddie. 

I don’t regret my obsession because it’s brought many fabulous friends into my life. I’ve met my best friend Angie through a Twilight fanpage, and we’re as close as sisters now. I have seen Washington, which I never thought I’d ever do. It’s gorgeous by the way. 

And last year I went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee where tons of Twi-loving fans conversed for New Moon Over Gatlinburg. I was asked to do a Q & A at the event and a signing. I was not only thrilled to attend this event and be with my people but to share the love of writing was an extra bonus. 

I met new friends and new fans and even some vampires. I’m totally serious. I have proof (Photos below)






I wasn’t a writer when I read Twilight but I will say it helped me get into writing. Once I read it I told myself, “I can do this!”

And I did. Since then I’ve written twelve books and published ten of them so far with Anchor Group Publishing. 

This year was an exciting one for me. Going to Gatlinburg and meeting with those girls and discussing writing was one of the best trips of my life. I not only hung out with the most amazing people, I made friends for a lifetime.



I also won an award for Most Sinister Villain for my book Awaken. That was truly awesome. I love that it’s best villain, too. Who wouldn’t want to write the best bad-ass character? Right?! I often wonder what that says about me that I wrote someone so awful. Hmm. 

And lastly I was asked to sign books at Barnes and Noble’s very first BFest with Victoria Scott and Eric Smith. Can you believe that!? Read that again. I’ll wait. Yep, it’s true. She’s my favorite author and I got to sit and sign with her. I almost fainted.



So you see, sometimes a book can pull you into a world you never expected. Twilight pulled me into the world of writing and I’ll never forget that. Because books aren’t just pages of words, they’re full of life. 

And while some people might make fun of me for being a Twilight fan, I know what those books really mean to me. 

And don’t get me started on my obsession with Harry Potter or we’ll be here for days. I’m a sucker for JK Rowling. 

It was great sharing my story with you. If you’d like to get to know my characters, including the sinister villains you can click below.

Facebook: Www.Facebook.com/christysloatauthor
Website: http://authorchristysloat.weebly.com/
Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/Christy-Sloat/e/B0071MMCU6

Apryl Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment