Introducing Author Angela Fristoe



Hey everyone! I want to start off by saying thank you to Apryl for all of her hard work setting up this Blogfest! It’s a huge undertaking and as an author and reader I appreciate all she does to help spread the word about indie authors with her readers!
My name is Angela Fristoe and am addicted to books! My latest mantra is: I read, I write, I shelf. 

In addition to being an avid reader of all books romance, whether YA, NA, or adult, I also write what I love which is everything from sweet to spicy. When I’m not reading or writing, I work in a bookstore and create cover art of other indie authors (such as Apryl). 

In all of my jobs, I am constantly confronted with how important book covers are to both readers and writers. So, I thought I’d share with you some of the inspiration that went into the new cover for Waken, book 1 of my YA Paranormal romance series, The Woods of Everod.


Waken (The Woods of Everod, #1)
Haunted by nightmares of her mother killing her, Janie just wants to be normal. But in Everod, nothing is normal. The people of Everod have been waiting for Janie and if she hopes to survive, she’ll need to confront the truth of who and what she really is.

The Waken cover was a challenge. There were three important pieces for me to have represented:

1. Janie - I’ve always had a picture of her in my mind and for the longest time I couldn’t find a model that would work. Then I came across this crazy weird picture! Not sure what a cat is doing walking a tree trunk over a mountain valley, but the girl definitely worked!


2. The Ledge – Throughout Waken, Janie questions how much she can believe, how much can she take. I really felt like she spent a good portion of the book on the verge of acceptance, thus the ledge idea was born which also worked well with the positioning of the model. I was tempted to use this model instead, but she looked like she was ready to jump and that’s not Janie (yet!).



3. The Waterfall  - This is a key setting throughout the series and is a part of so many pivotal scenes throughout Waken and Rising. This image I found was pretty much perfect!


Putting the images together took a number of hours, but I absolutely love the final result!



Waken (The Woods of Everod, #1)
By Angela Fristoe
Publisher: Little Prince Publishing

Confronting the truth could kill her

After years of abuse and eventual abandonment, Janie wants to forget her parents ever existed. Moving to her mom’s hometown of Everod doesn't make that easy. Then she meets Tristan. The emotions he ignites within her are almost enough to make her ignore all of the weird things he says. Almost enough to ignore the way the entire town seems ready to pounce on her as if she were fresh meat.

Almost, though, isn’t enough when Janie finally discovers what the town is hiding. The people of Everod have been waiting for Janie and if she hopes to survive, she’ll need to confront the truth of who and what she really is.

Read Waken for FREE with Kindle Unlimited
Or buy for $0.99 (limited time offer!)

Want to know more about me? Sign up for my newsletter and receive exclusive content, news, and giveaways! You’ll also receive my YA Paranormal romance, Lie to Me, for FREE!


One more thing! Along with Apryl and fifteen other amazing authors, I am part of the Othala Witch Collection and my book, Winter Souls, comes out on November 3!


Apryl Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment