Meet Author Christy Sloat





Are spells and sorcerers enough to defeat true love?
Can true love be forgotten?
Will Sawyer save Rory from her own mind?
Find out in Christy’s Sloat’s retelling of the fairytale classic,
Sleeping Beauty in 




Not all princesses get their happily ever after...

They tell me I killed my boyfriend Phillip in cold blood.
 I stabbed him twenty one times.

 I’m only seventeen years old, and I am serving life in Spindle Ridge Asylum
for the Criminally Insane.  I don’t remember killing him, so it’s really hard
to believe  I’m capable of murder.  In fact I don’t remember anything
before I came to Spindle Ridge, not even my boyfriend. I can only grasp
 onto my realistic dreams while the madness of the asylum threatens to
pull me under. I dream I’m a beautiful princess and there is an evil faerie
 named Maleficent who is bent on my destruction. The dreams are the closest
thing I have to memories of my life, except they aren’t real. I’m crazy.
I’m not a princess.  They’re the mad illusions of an irrational teenage girl, right?

They’ve assigned me a new doctor, and she says I can trust her, and that she’ll
Help  me see the truth of who I really am.  When she arrived she brought a
new patient, Sawyer, who is everything Spindle Ridge isn’t: exciting, mysterious
and beautiful. He promises he’s here to rescue me. Trusting either of them
frightens me.  Could it be possible that my dreams are more than just the
imaginings of a delusional girl? Could they be truth?



Meet Rory & Sawyer






Slumber book one of the Slumber Duology is due out March 16th. Not all princesses get their happily ever after...
Posted by Christy Sloat Author on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 

Meet The Author

Christy Sloat is a SoCal born girl who resides in New Jersey currently with her husband, two daughters and Sophie her Chihuahua.

Christy has embraced the love of reading and writing since her youth and was inspired by her grandmother's loving support. 

Christy passes that love of reading, writing, and creativity to her daughters, family, and friends. When you do not find Christy within the pages of a book you can find her being mommy, wife, crafter, and dear friend. She loves adventurous journeys with her friends and can be known to get lost inside a bookstore. Be sure to venture into her Past Lives Series, The Visitor's Series, and watch for many more exciting things to come.


Connect with Christy and purchase any of her award winning books a www.christysloat.com

Check out the other authors in the blogfest if you enjoyed meeting Christy!!

Apryl Baker

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christy! What a great twist for Sleeping Beauty! I believe this book will go places. It has mystery, adventure, and hopefully young love! Great blog! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Slumber! I'm very excited about reading her next installment Awaken. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete