Introducing Author Peggy Randall-Martin

"Life doesn't begin at forty, it begins when you are no longer afraid to live it," Peggy Randall-Martin, author of bestselling "So Far Behind,” "Backside of the Mirror," and “Backwater,” Volume 1 of the NEW “La Bauve Family Legend Series.”

I am retired and having a love affair with life! My passion is writing and it's not always a sure thing, but it is always satisfying in the end. When I get up in the morning I can be anyone I want to be, achieve any goal and even change my appearance periodically during the day with words, new characters, storylines and imagination. As a writer, I find it helps to have more than one personality!

Well-known author of “Awakening Trilogy,” Christine M. Butler, “Peggy’s stories actually remind me of some of the scarier urban legend style ghost stories I used to hear in my youth. Peggy Randall-Martin is definitely a master storyteller when it comes to all things that go bump in the night.” Christine’s moonlit dreams: http://www.moonlitdreams.org/

The most common thread my books have with readers is that they are reminiscent of the Twilight Zone TV series. You may remember that many of the episodes depicted bone chilling paranormal and disturbing events. This is a genre I have been drawn to since I was a child, and one that still has me looking over my shoulder, even though I know I am in my house alone. You might say the genre chose me.

Some people like plots to be tied up in pretty little bows at the end of a book or story. That never happened in any of the Twilight Zone episodes I watched. Otherworld tales and paranormal stories in real life and in the literary world cannot be neatly explained away, and that is one of the main reasons fans of the genre keep coming back. The search for answers is eternal.

I've authored 11 Kindle books. Currently I am working on a trilogy with two other authors, and have 3 novellas in process including Volume 2 of “The La Bauve Family Legend Series.” I stay very busy! Good luck to indie authors everywhere! There’s room for all of us! The act of supporting one another is positive and exciting. It encourages new friendships and alliances. If you can’t hug an indie author today, buy one of their books!

Thank you, April, for giving indie authors a place to shine, and I appreciate being included!

PEGGY RANDALL-MARTIN’S BOOKS AVAILABE IN AMAZON’S KINDLE STORE:

“Backwater (La Bauve Family Legend series)” (ASIN: B006IT74E2 ) PUBLISHED 12/5/2011 – http://www.amazon.com/Backwater-Bauve-Family-Legend-ebook/dp/B006IT74E2/

The lack of facts surrounding the events in 1955, New Orleans, did not stop the wagging tongues that were known to always be right, and they tried to top each other with one strange and bizarre tale after another. But none of their stories could match the La Bauve family legend and as it grew in the minds of those who chose to believe every word - true or false - it became entrenched in Louisiana folklore.

Both young girls were pretty things; they had hair as black as midnight and skin as white as fresh crème. One was thirteen years of age and the other fourteen, and their lives were about to intersect for the first time. A terrifying experience lay ahead ... one neither girl would forget ... together they would embark on a dark journey and play a dangerous game that would affect the rest of their lives ...

“The Last Exit” (ASIN: B005T7YJKQ ) PUBLISHED 10/7/2011 – http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Exit-ebook/dp/B005T7YJKQ/

In the fall of 2007, Jill Thornton crossed a time barrier and became involved with a 51-year old murder that took place before she was born ...

It wasn't just a cold case - the murder was frozen in time - a teacher had been bludgeoned to death on school property. No suspects were found and no charges were ever filed. It had been her first day as a member of the faculty and also the first day of the 1956-1957 school year. And all these years later, once in awhile, rumors were still tossed around as to why someone would've wanted Miss Causenhower dead, and what was the motive for making her suffer before she died ...

“Abilene, Sweet, Sweet, Abilene” (ASIN: B005A8XBTY) PUBLISHED 7/3/2011 – http://www.amazon.com/Abilene-Sweet-ebook/dp/B005A8XBTY

I tell you this story now because the people who lived it are all dead; anyway that's what I'm told. And if that isn't true, perhaps there will be unkind consequences for me or just maybe letting the world in on the events of that fateful day will jar loose someone's memory or strike an inflamed nerve. After all it's the conscience with an itch that burns into people's souls, robs their waking hours and seeps like some foul miasma into their dreams. And therein lays the eternal fate of one who entertains his own misery at the expense of others and their right to the truth. My hope is that this resurrection will be the nemesis needed to call those memories forth because then and only then, will I be able to rest.

“from the farther side of beyond (a collection of novellas to keep you up at night)” (ASIN: B0052VI7OS) PUBLISHED 5/26/2011 – http://www.amazon.com/farther-beyond-collection-novellas-ebook/dp/B0052VI7OS/

A book of thrillers by Peggy Randall-Martin, author of "So Far Behind." You asked for a collection of her works and she was listening. This book includes one true life experience and six of her favorite tales that will take you to the edge and teeter on the razor-thin line between what is real and that unknown place inside us where fear thrives and curls ready to strike.

"A Good Sleep 4 Murder," is the story of Adam Duncan who will stop at nothing to get what he wants. During the final days of his marriage, he developed a mind-bending plan to save his matrimonial union. If it works who will save his wife from him? And when will it spread to a home near you?

"Abilene, Sweet, Sweet, Abilene," I tell you this story now because the people who lived it are all dead; anyway that's what I'm told. My hope is that this resurrection will be the nemesis needed to call those memories forth because then and only then, will I be able to rest.

"Are You Scared Yet?" When O'Neal Bradley discovered the body of her best friend, she didn't know her name was next on the killer's list. And she couldn't have known that her home was the looking glass through which the killer could place her in the cross-hairs of a sniper rifle and watch every move she made. Her life was no longer her own and she hid in the only place available - in plain sight.

"Backside of the Mirror," When Whitley Wickingham received notice of her grandmother's death, she traveled to Wickingham Farm. The day after her arrival she discovered an antique mirror in the attic. It was her plan to move it downstairs that disturbed the order of things in the old house and the definition of normal took on a whole new meaning. Nothing was as it seemed and no one appeared to be who they said they were. Whitley had no idea of the terror that lay in wait. In her worst nightmare she would never have danced so closely to insanity and she would've awakened before sheer evil forced her to run for her life. But this wasn't a night terror and she would try to go without sleep for fear when she closed her eyes it would be for the last time.

"Death Takes a Highway," Have you heard the old saying, "Be careful. You could wake up in the morning and find yourself dead?" Sounds preposterous, right? What if you went out for a nice dinner at your favorite haunt and no one recognized you? And the conversation at the table next to yours was filled with rumors and innuendos that you were seen in places unknown to you. Would you blow it off as a series of crazy coincidences or launch a search for absolutes? But all roads don't lead home so plan your travel carefully because when death takes a highway the consequences could leave you dying to know the truth.

"For Whom The Phone Rings," is based on a true life event, late 1999, in this author's life. The occurrence puzzles her to this day and no one has been able to offer a viable explanation. If it happened to you, would you have answered the phone? (Not sold independently of this collection.)

"So Far Behind," In a place, condition, or time previously passed or departed from... Anna-Jake Constan grew up in her parent's little house on Maple Street in Garner's Rest, Oklahoma. Her younger siblings moved away right after high school and never returned until the day of their papa's funeral. At 38 years old Anna-Jake resided there alone, and the horrifying events that took place in the house one dark frozen winter night are what the locals called, "the happening." They said it was the coldest day in hell...

“A Good Sleep 4 Murder” (ASIN: B00529L60W) PUBLISHED 5/22/2011 – http://www.amazon.com/Good-Sleep-Murder-ebook/dp/B00529L60W

Spring had come early and a full moon lit up the charcoal sky in contrast of the stars that twinkled like a multitude of cubic zirconium. The suburbia neighborhood was quiet as the earth's clock rolled upon the midnight hour - all except for one house. Adam Duncan was raiding the refrigerator and the sound of glass breaking on the tile floor in the kitchen awakened his wife.

Adam was overweight by 175 pounds and a large portion of the food he ingested was in the middle of the night. His wife knew when he went back to bed his T-shirt would be soaked with milk and his hands would bear remnants of the late night snack.
It hadn't always been like that, but their divorce would be final in two days and Adam had not been able to persuade his wife to stay. Her plan was to complete moving out the next day and of course she would make sure to do so while he was home. And because Adam had lost his job, he was a captive audience.

The next morning Adam would talk with his wife again and tell her that he loved her. He would promise to stop the midnight raids on the fridge, but he couldn't truthfully assure her that his sleepwalking was over. However, that was of no consequence to him because he would rather climb a tree and tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth. And what his wife believed or didn't believe was nowhere on his list of concerns.

You see, in the days preceding, Adam devised a diabolical plan that would alter his way of life and that of his wife. Some men will do anything for a good night’s sleep …

“Death Takes a Highway” (ASIN: B0051104Z4) PUBLISHED 5/15/2011 – http://www.amazon.com/Death-Takes-A-Highway-ebook/dp/B0051104Z4/

Have you heard the old saying, "Be careful. You could wake up in the morning and find yourself dead?" Sounds preposterous, right? What if you went out for a nice dinner at your favorite haunt and no one recognized you? And the conversation at the table next to yours was filled with rumors and innuendos that you were seen in places unknown to you. Would you blow it off as a series of crazy coincidences or launch a search for absolutes? But all roads don't lead home so plan your travel carefully because when death takes a highway the consequences could leave you dying to know the truth.

“Backside of the Mirror” (ASIN: B004WTUH26) PUBLISHED 4/16/2011 – http://www.amazon.com/Backside-of-the-Mirror-ebook/dp/B004WTUH26/

Whitley Wickingham learned of her grandmother's death and left immediately for the family farm in Bridlehook, Oklahoma. The day after her arrival she explored the house and curiosity led to the attic where she found her grandmother's antique mirror. The reason for it being stored in the attic and how it was hoisted up there were mysteries at best. Immediately she began making plans to move the mirror downstairs. That's when everything changed and the definition of normal at the Wickingham Farm took on a whole new meaning.

Nothing was as it seemed and no one appeared to be who they said they were. Whitley Wickingham had no idea of the terror that lay in wait. In her worst nightmare she would never have danced so closely to insanity and she would've awakened before sheer evil forced her to run for her life. But this wasn't a night terror and she would try to go without sleep for fear when she closed her eyes it would be for the last time.

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR ABOUT BACKSIDE OF THE MIRROR:


What if your fears turned out to be real, and the truth behind them terrified you? I know what that's like ... because it happened to me. Below, I've shared as much as I dare about the strange events that occurred while I was writing this novella. But they didn't stop there. After it was published in April, 2011, the 'happenings' became more frequent - the latest event was October 12, 2011. This experience has changed the way I view the paranormal:

While I was writing "Backside of the Mirror," its main characters lingered in my sub-conscious and appeared to me in dreams. Each had a unique way of 'reliving' his/her story or experience with an event so terrifying it was necessary to disturb my sleep and sometimes my waking hours. Often one or another kept me telling the story, by way of my keyboard, from early morning to late evening - and oft times into the night.

Then the day arrived! "Backside of the Mirror" was ready for its debut, and it was published 4/17/2011. Since then it has attracted a dedicated following and taken on ... or continued to have ... a life of its own ...

The reason I tell you this is because strange occurrences began immediately - from the first type written page through to the last entry - and to this day, unusual and unexplained 'things' continue to happen in regards to "Backside of the Mirror."
This leaves me wondering if there is another tale waiting to be told. Or could it be that during the telling of the story, a door was opened unintentionally and, in the conclusion of this work of fiction, it was left ajar ... just enough for some of the mirror's dark secrets to seep through ...

“Are You Scared Yet?” (ASIN: B004ULVENM) PUBLISHED 3/30/2011 – http://www.amazon.com/Are-You-Scared-Yet-ebook/dp/B004ULVENM/

I hadn't heard from my friend, Allison, in several days, and was tired of talking to her voicemail. The last time we talked I could tell something was troubling her, but she wouldn't admit there were any problems.

My newest book had just hit the shelves and my agent scheduled signings for the rest of the week. I would be out of pocket if Allison tried to reach me, and I needed to know if she was okay. The last two or three times I drove over there, I wasn't able to raise anyone. I decided to try again and was determined not to leave until I found out what was going on.

Allison lived across town from me in a small apartment, and the drive took about 15 minutes. I drove up in the parking lot and around to the second building. Allison's car was parked in the spot assigned to her unit.

I stopped next to her worn out MG and thought I saw a curtain in her bedroom window move. When I knocked on Allison's apartment door there was no response. I knocked again. Nothing. I thought I heard movement inside, and knocked harder. The door swung open and everything stopped.

I stood frozen in the doorway. The sight was like nothing I had ever seen before. All that blood ...

“So Far Behind” (ASIN: B004RCLXY4) PUBLISHED 3/08/2011 – http://www.amazon.com/So-Far-Behind-ebook/dp/B004RCLXY4/

In a place, condition, or time previously passed or departed from ... On the farther side of beyond ...

Anna-Jake Constan grew up in her parent's little house on Maple Street in Garner's Rest, Oklahoma. Her younger siblings moved away right after high school and never returned until the day of their papa's funeral. At 38 years old Anna-Jake resided there alone, and the horrifying events that took place in the house one dark frozen winter night are what the locals called, "the happening." They said it was the coldest day in hell ...

“Life Doesn’t Begin at Forty (The Misadventures of Miss Emmy)” – (ASIN: B004VYRFTA) PUBLISHED 4/09/2011 – http://www.amazon.com/Doesnt-Begin-Forty-Misadventures-ebook/dp/B004VYRFTA/

My name is Emmy Sheals and I live in Three Trees, Oklahoma - population 8,010. The town was named after Tom Two Trees. Make sense? No? There are only "two trees" in his name, but there are three t's in all. Go figure ...

I grew up in the 1960's and I am now exploring the sixties, and through the last few years I've learned that if an object can be moved, it can also be misplaced. I spend a good part of my time looking for things and I highly suspect that it's not all my fault. The conclusion I have come to is that a woman unbeknownst to me sneaks into my house while I'm sleeping and hides everything I hold dear.

When I asked a few of my friends if they had seen her, each of them said they hadn't. But from all the complaints we've heard, we think she's bi-coastal. None of us have ever laid eyes on her, but she seems to take on the physical characteristics of the owner of the home she is invading. I thought I saw her just the other day, but it turned out to be my reflection in a glass frame. What looked like me putting my Funk & Wagnalls dictionary in the freezer was just the opposite - like looking in a mirror - actually I was removing it.

And whatever you do, don't let this woman scare you into putting things where you can find them easily. It's a ruse and once you fall into that trap, you will never see half of your stuff again ...

Another piece of advice, don't let age bother you. When my fortieth birthday came on the horizon, I was petrified. Not like the forest, but I did stand still for a period of time in my life until I realized that, "Life doesn't begin at forty. It begins when you're no longer afraid to live it."

~ Miss Emmy ~

Apryl Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment