Introducing Author Michael Young

Hi, my name is Michael Young, and I love writing fantasy that breaks out of the mold. Here is a little bit about my first novel “The Canticle Kingdom”.

When a young blacksmith s apprentice named Johann discovers that his homeland is contained entirely within a small music box, it’s up to him to protect the only home he s ever known. With the help of an impossibly ancient knight, his best friend, Brigitta, and his trusty homemade sword, Johann races to find the only people who can who can stop the dark power that threatens to destroy the Canticle Kingdom an unsuspecting family and an old woodcarver from the outside world. Enter a world full of magic, danger, loyalty and bravery in this exciting debut from Michael Young, and discover that even the most ordinary objects and people might be hiding something truly wonderful inside.

I’m continuing in the story later this year with book two, entitled “The Frozen Globe”. I’ve also been filling in the backstory in a web serial called “Canticle of Night”. Soon, it will be made into an ebook and an audio book (which I recorded myself), but for now it is available to read or listen to for free.

If you’d like to give the series a try, start with “Canticle of Night” for the best experience.
http://bigworldnetwork.com/CanticleofNight.html

There will be another web serial coming up soon called “Canticle of Dawn” that will continue to flesh out the events that happened before “The Canticle Kingdom.”

If you’d like to purchase “The Canticle Kingdom”, here’s a link for you to do. http://amzn.com/1599553627

If you’d like to learn more about me and my writing, visit me at http://www.writermike.com or on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/authormichaelyoung) or Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/mdybyu)

I love to help out other writers, especially young ones, and on my blog I’m detailing how I am treating every month like it is National Novel Writer’s Month by writing 50,000/month. Two months down and going strong!

Here’s a little more about me:
Michael is a graduate of Brigham Young University with a degree in German Teaching and a minor in Music. He puts his German to good use by working to build online German courses for High School students. Though he grew up traveling the world with his military father, he now lives in Utah with his wife, Jen, and his two sons. Michael enjoys acting in community theater, playing and writing music and spending time with his family. He played for several years with the handbell choir Bells on Temple Square and is now a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
He is the author of the novels THE CANTICLE KINGDOM and THE LAST ARCHANGEL. He is also the author of the inspirational pamphlet PORTRAIT OF A MOTHER. He has also had work featured in various online and print magazines such as Mindflights, The New Era, Allegory, and Ensign. He writes and narrates the series CANTICLE OF NIGHT.

Apryl Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment